Del_tac0's Synth App

Del_tac0
Byond: Del_tac0
Steam: Komrade Taco

Del_tac0's Synth App

Post by Del_tac0 » 18 Dec 2018, 23:15

Byond ID:

Del_tac0

Marine Name (so we know who you are; if you play alien mostly, state that here):

+Edward 'Father' Campos (General Character)

+Michael 'Healer' Davis (Medical Character)

+Randy 'Rowdy' Riley (Marine or Engineering character)

+Walter 'Crusader' Jones (Command character or MP character)

+I also play a bit of Xeno from time to time but I main marine mostly.

Name/Designation of the Synth Character you’re requesting to use (Follows common naming rules, and requires a first name with no last name): Xander
Examples of acceptable names: James, Mason, Xavier, Felix, Otto, Allan, Jessica
Examples of unacceptable names: Obama, Jesus, King, Dragon, Godly, Snyper, Circuits

Are you familiar with the Synthetic Programming and Guidelines (http://www.colonial-marines.com/viewtop ... 57&t=14417)?

Yes very.

Synthetic Character Story (An ADEQUATE description and story of your Synthetics actions and involvement in a previous mission onboard the Almayer):
► Show Spoiler

How do you intend to play your Synth (as in, describe HOW you will act/play your Synth and what support roles you’ll mainly focus on, what is your synthetics quirk)?:

I intend to play my Synthetic as a jack of all trades. He will try his best of his ability to assist the crew of the Almayer and at no costs will he want harm to come to them in anyway. My main focus will be either command or medical, but he can also do engineering and Piloting if needed. Xander’s small quirk is that even in the most stressful situations he can still crack a joke. Xander would be a second generation model of synthetic.

How familiar are you with support roles? (ie; Medical, MT, Science, SO):

I have the Surgery down like its the back of my hand chemistry isn’t the greatest but I can do it for sure. And engineering and repairing stuff is pretty simple for me. Overwatch is simple for me & I can do most SO duties but when it comes to being XO that might be a stretch but I am sure that I can pick it up easily if I tried. This past few days I have mainly been working to improve my support roles since I wanted to apply for synthetic and I feel I have a form of mastery to a point of being acceptable in all of the trades.

Why should we whitelist you?:

I am a quick a learner and I am able to adapt to new situations fairly easily. I am professional and I am always willing to improve and better myself in anyway. I feel like I can bring new role play experiences to CM as a Synthetic and fill in any of the holes that lower pop hours may be lacking in. I am active in most all times zones expect early mornings my time (timezone: GMT-6) normally I work from 9-4 everyday but anything besides that I normally am on CM.

I am also always willing to take feedback of any kind I enjoy asking players who I previously played with about how I did in previous rounds and way’s I can improve or better myself normally in discord or in game. I know that I am not perfect like my Synthetic counterpart may be but I am always willing to improve and better myself.

Another reason I feel I should be whitelisted is I am never afraid to ask for help if needed. I feel like even though we are all not perfect I am always being willing to take pointers from other players and if I ever am confused about something I know that I can Ahelp if I need assistance. I also feel I should return the same as I have studied the wiki for the last few weeks and tried mastering all the features of the game and I feel it should be my time to mentor and help newcomers with support roles they may be trying to master themselves.

Have you been banned from CM in the last month for any reason (we will check, and lies may result in immediate denial)?

No

Are you currently banned from any other servers and if so, why? No

Do you understand that any player - donor or otherwise - can have their whitelist status revoked should they break our rules or the Synthetic Programming Guideline?

Yes I understand that no-one is above the rules and guidelines and whether your staff, a donor, etc you are under no exception exempt from the rules.
Image "If you gotta shoot your gun as a medic, you should use the bullet on yourself. Your already dead." "Here for a good time, not a long time!" "Can we legalize cannabis on the USS Almayer"
► Show Spoiler
My ultimate marine strategy: viewtopic.php?f=135&t=19476

Sulaboy
Byond: Sulaboy
Steam: Danger

Re: Del_tac0's Synth App

Post by Sulaboy » 18 Dec 2018, 23:40

You joined to forum 14 days ago what made you decide to apply for synthetic so soon?
Clancy 'Danger' Long
Ethan
A̸̧̭̰̮̰̜̥͈̱̲̫̲̭͋̄̈̍̉̓̿̊̃H̸͈̬̗̓̄̒̇̿̀̏̎͑͊̇̃̇͝Ĥ̴̨̧̨̩̞̗̤͝ͅH̴͔͕͊̄̓̐̀͝

Del_tac0

Post by Del_tac0 » 19 Dec 2018, 01:19

Sulaboy wrote:
18 Dec 2018, 23:40
You joined to forum 14 days ago what made you decide to apply for synthetic so soon?
I used to play CM a while back when I was younger on my cousins account. I have not played since and I never was really active on the forums back then. I finally decided to get back into the game after so long and not much besides a few balance changes seem to have really changed. Again if the whole forum thing is gonna be an issue I don't mind pulling the application and waiting until my forum account is older.
Image "If you gotta shoot your gun as a medic, you should use the bullet on yourself. Your already dead." "Here for a good time, not a long time!" "Can we legalize cannabis on the USS Almayer"
► Show Spoiler

Survivor
Byond: Dr. Lance

Post by Survivor » 19 Dec 2018, 10:46

Fyi Legal cannabis was a good gitlab. That is all I have to say.
"Sorry, but... I'm the only winner in this story." - Commander Pierce Jackson

Commodore Pierce Jackson/Jack "Survivor" Lance

SYN Simon

Young Blood Ha'ju Vagear

Part of the CO Council along with taketheshot56, Bancrose, Lumdor, and Frans_Feiffer.

PM me if you have any questions about CO

ThesoldierLLJK
Byond: ThesoldierLLJK
Steam: thesoldier20

Post by ThesoldierLLJK » 19 Dec 2018, 11:07

I've seen the Del_Tac0 Ckey before, but honestly cause you play so many different characters, I can't tell.
Also I pulled your activity, and yes you started playing again in December with decent activity, however I don't know you as a player, so I can't judge your ability to RP/Do Support roles

I'm going to recommend you stick with one character for now, and get some more play time.

However, I will reserve my final vote pending more feedback.

Del_tac0

Post by Del_tac0 » 19 Dec 2018, 11:46

ThesoldierLLJK wrote:
19 Dec 2018, 11:07
I've seen the Del_Tac0 Ckey before, but honestly cause you play so many different characters, I can't tell.
Also I pulled your activity, and yes you started playing again in December with decent activity, however I don't know you as a player, so I can't judge your ability to RP/Do Support roles

I'm going to recommend you stick with one character for now, and get some more play time.

However, I will reserve my final vote pending more feedback.
Appreciate the comment. :)
Survivor wrote:
19 Dec 2018, 10:46
Fyi Legal cannabis was a good gitlab. That is all I have to say.
Anything with Cannabis is good my friend. :heart:
► Show Spoiler

Jakkkk
Byond: Jakkkk

Post by Jakkkk » 19 Dec 2018, 17:18

"Can crack a joke in the most stressful situations"

What do you mean by this? Synths aren't affected by stress.
Olaf's dossier: viewtopic.php?f=91&t=16128
Mortimer: viewtopic.php?f=149&t=16195
Xarvis Ut'ur-era: viewtopic.php?f=124&t=17817

Synthetic Council Term One, along with Sleepy Retard and MattAtlas.

"Harry, I'm going to let you in on a little secret. Every day, once a day, give yourself a present. Don't plan it. Don't wait for it. Just let it happen. It could be a new shirt at the men's store, a catnap in your office chair, or two cups of good, hot black coffee."

Del_tac0

Post by Del_tac0 » 19 Dec 2018, 20:33

Jakkkk wrote:
19 Dec 2018, 17:18
"Can crack a joke in the most stressful situations"

What do you mean by this? Synths aren't affected by stress.
The programming behind the Synthetic model is to be able to understand and relate with human emotion. The synth would still understand stress and the quirk is in a stressful situation's for his human counter parts he will try to ease the situation by cracking jokes. I can understand the confusion I didn't think that part out.
► Show Spoiler

Jakkkk

Post by Jakkkk » 20 Dec 2018, 03:38

Why do you play so many different characters?

"Harry, I'm going to let you in on a little secret. Every day, once a day, give yourself a present. Don't plan it. Don't wait for it. Just let it happen. It could be a new shirt at the men's store, a catnap in your office chair, or two cups of good, hot black coffee."

ChengChan
Byond: ChengChan

Post by ChengChan » 20 Dec 2018, 05:35

Ain't a synth but man, focus in one character so people will know what is your game style or how do you roleplay.
Shaolin Monk

Pedroca2lucas
Byond: Pedroca2lucas

Post by Pedroca2lucas » 20 Dec 2018, 08:46

I don't remember any of your characters, as multiple people said, focus only in one character for the time being so we can learn more about your way of playing and roleplaying.
Marine: Tony 'Blank' Anders Synth: Yuki Mentor: 11/13/2018 Usually playing as:
Synthetic
CMO
Doctor
CE
MT
MP
XO

Del_tac0

Post by Del_tac0 » 20 Dec 2018, 12:56

Jakkkk wrote:
20 Dec 2018, 03:38
Why do you play so many different characters?
I guess a lot of it just feels odd playing a character who's background doesnt fit the role. I enjoy making backstories for each of them and then having the marine role setup set for what role I wanna play depending on the backstory of the character. But I see where everyone is coming from and I have decided to make Edward my main character for now.
► Show Spoiler

ThesoldierLLJK

Post by ThesoldierLLJK » 20 Dec 2018, 13:00

Del_tac0 wrote:
20 Dec 2018, 12:56
I guess a lot of it just feels odd playing a character who's background doesnt fit the role. I enjoy making backstories for each of them and then having the marine role setup set for what role I wanna play depending on the backstory of the character. But I see where everyone is coming from and I have decided to make Edward my main character for now.
Can I recommend you just keep the last name the same. Nothing wrong with that, but usually when you play multiple chars, its hard to gauge who you are.

Jakkkk

Post by Jakkkk » 20 Dec 2018, 23:04

I wasn't going to +1 this anyways, just poor grammar and I have no clue who you are, but you wouldve gotten a neutral if not for this.

"The man's dog tags fly through the gaping hole through the small stretch of space and on the dropship and land right beside Xander full of blood and remains of what used to be Private Alexander Brown, Xander reaches for the dogtags and stares at them with sorrow building up in his eyes."

Xander literally has no reason to act sad in this moment, it isn't acting.

Synthetics don't give two shits about heroic deeds other than the fact that they benefit the mission, and they DEFINITELY wouldn't feel sad over the loss of a soldier. They don't feel sadness.

There are many other issues and faults in the application, however I'm busy at the moment so I decided to include the "what the fuck" moment instead.

Solarmare
Byond: Solarmare

Post by Solarmare » 20 Dec 2018, 23:41

To continue off with what Jakkks said:
Xander approaches with a passionate face and stares directly in the womens eyes and softly says ”There is nothing more you can do ma’am. They cannot be brought back. But there are other marines who still need to be saved. Other people’s lives here can be saved if you can progress further in your work.”

The women pans around seeing the horrors of the attack. Men and women bleeding, gasping for life. She seeks the eyes of Xander, his eyes filled with tears.

Xander is then pulled back onto the ship and slapped by the Alpha squad leader the silence is broken by the squad leader shouting at Xander “We need to go! He is gone!!!”

Your quirk is supposedly just making jokes when its stressful but that doesn't really have any mention of how they would be otherwise, and you're putting in emotions when a synths quirk is the single bit of personality they display. They're entirely driven by calculation and emotion actually factoring in what they do is rather tenuous for this.

You also shift between so many characters it's hard for people to tell who you are and what you usually do, which means it's hard to put confidence in you when they only can remember a fifth of what you do. Minor other issue is that the Sulaco is long gone in the timeline with what little backstory we actually have.
Can you heeeeaaaaar am I floating in my tin can. A last glimpse of the world.
Planet Earth is blue, and there's nothing left to do.

Forum Rule #2: Do NOT post in an appeal if you are not contributing as a witness, if you are keep it simple and easy to read.

MattAtlas
Byond: MattAtlas

Post by MattAtlas » 21 Dec 2018, 04:27

I don't think you show your actual quirk more than two lines in the story. Everything else said by your synth doesn't really seem like it fits with the quirk. If I have to be honest, it's like you wrote the story without having a quirk in mind.

It's gonna have to be a -1 from me. I have never seen you around either, so I can't speak for your roleplaying capabilities.
I'm part of the Synthetic Council with ThesoldierLLJK and Jakkkk. Feel free to DM me on the forums or Discord (Matt#5881) if you have any questions about synths.

ThesoldierLLJK

Post by ThesoldierLLJK » 21 Dec 2018, 05:46

Like I said before, I’m gonna recommend you stick to one character if you’re interested in this role.

Good luck in the future, but at the moment it’s a no from me.

Emeraldblood
Byond: Emerald Blood

Post by Emeraldblood » 21 Dec 2018, 12:12

I'd just echo what's already been said. It should be noted that you don't have to only play one character 24/7, but you probably won't want more than two if you want people to know you by Ckey. If you are going to change characters more often, you'll probably want a common ground in some part of the name so people recognize who you are OOCly. You're also able to ask questions prior to posting your app so if you don't know if you've been playing enough to be evaluated, just ask around. We have a whitelist app help channel on discord for any questions you may have. You can apply again in 2 months.

Resolved - Denied
Ban Appeal Users: If I've lifted your perma ban and you're still unable to log onto the server, send me a forum PM regarding it and I'll work to get it fixed in ~24 hours.

Emerald Blood: CM's mommy and the only head staff who does anything. Even though I hate you all sometimes, I still love you.