Guide to Military Police: The basic and advance guide to MP code of conduct

Player-made guides on how stuff works.
Sargeantmuffinman

Guide to Military Police: The basic and advance guide to MP code of conduct

Post by Sargeantmuffinman » 09 Dec 2015, 14:58

NOTE THAT THIS IS INCOMPLETE.

Introduction

So you have signed up for being one of the few military police officers that have been tasked with protecting all personnel.
Your sole task should be to keep the peace between marines,command staff and non-combat staff.

Here are the laws from the wiki you have to follow which can also be found in the marine law book.

If the marine or anyone who disobeys these orders are to be arrested and sent to brig.
All times are located in the marine laws.

Waking up you find yourself here.

This is usually where all pre-set MPs have spawned with equipment ready and checked for basic crowd control.
All areas will be explained here.

The MP armory.

At the MP armory you will find a wide array of non-lethal weapons as well as extra hand-cuffs, hailers and spare equipment for any re-assigned MPs,
with wall mounted recharing stations for your batons and tasers.

The emergency weapons rack.

This place is solely for emergencies where you can arm up for CERTAIN reasons such as xeno-life forms boarding.
As an MP you are unauthorized by law to have a lethal weapon unless command allows it.

Prisoner cells

The birg contains five regular cells where you place individual prisoners inside.
You can only put them in brig for a certain duration of time and all laws broken can stack.

Permanent confindment

This is ONLY if they have received a certain amount of punishments or if they broke a certain law you are able to perma brig them.

Loadout

As an MP I arm myself with a belt full of cuffs,a flash inside and a stun baton on in my backpack with a hailer and flashbang in my pockets and armor.
Possibly with two tazers, with one holstered and the other in my backpack.
Have a riot helmet in your pack just in case (I rarely have them on) it goes into a fire fight.

(Need to add pictures)

Arresting someone

To arrest a suspect you must first need to grab a hold of them with the grab intent,

But make sure they are stunned or rendered ineffective to fight back or run away,

Once done upgrade it to an aggressive grab,

And afterwards get your cuffs into your free/active hand to arrest them by just clicking on their sprite.

Done,you have arrested the suspect.

(Sorry Gary.)

Orders

Follow the chain of command and follow orders.
No one is above marine law and all MPs are to enforce it.

If someone gives you an order to go kill someone, DON'T since it is not an order you should take without PROPER reason.
If some commanding officer was to order you to arrest or to kill some, you must ask WHY you need this person killed/arrested and if they say "treason" or something stupid like that then you must consistantly ask what they did wrong and compare it to the marine law. (Surivors are an exception to arrest but not to kill).

Starting off

As the military police you must identify key locations of marine disruption and be there to keep the peace.

There are two main locations:

Requisitions office:

This is usually the first area where most of the distruption occurs and it is your job to keep the mairnes at bay whether to have everyone who is causing a commotion stunned and kicked out of line or by settling whatever argument caused it in the first place.

Usually it's all about marines fighting over attachments, where the simplest thing is to stun the theft and give the attachment back to the victim.
Other times it maybe about the requisistions officer being incompetent and refusing to hand out certain items to people. This is where you kindly ask him/her to hand out the attachments or tell them that they will be demoted for negelcting duty
Also for recruits sake tactical lights are freebies and are to be distributed on demand,
The offical rules are guidelines that you should follow and alter if needed.

The Briefing room:

The area most responsible in trying to get stuff done that will go down hill.
Once most of the marines have started to show up to briefing and command takes forever to make the briefing, marines will tend to be a bit rouddy and this is where you come in.
If a marine is shouting stupid things that are either offensive, just warn them and if it rises to violence then stun all assaulters and either cuff them to brig or buckle them back to their designated seats.
► Show Spoiler
Last edited by Sargeantmuffinman on 28 May 2016, 09:09, edited 9 times in total.
George S.Patton once said:No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making some other poor dumb bastard die for his country.

I don't like cute things.

Good hunting.

LordeKilly
Byond: lordekilly

Re: Guide to Military Police: The basic and advance guide to MP code of conduct

Post by LordeKilly » 09 Dec 2015, 15:01

thanks

M00nman

Post by M00nman » 09 Dec 2015, 15:17

Protip: The taser isn't an immediate takedown, but rather it slowly drains the stamina of the perp until he can't move anymore. Best to use in conjunction with the stun baton as that IS an instant takedown if you hit, shoot the perp, then go in for melee.

Marines rarely use gasmasks (mostly because these are rather rare themselves), the Pepper spray which is located in the brig is an acceptable way to take down suspects from range, as long as you don't hit yourself in the process, and it can be recharged quickly in the brig if you run out of C.Caspaicin.

Remember that you need an advanced grab on your perp to cuff him, you need to grab and then press on your hand once the icon appears to reinforce the grab, then cuff him with the other hand.

Sargeantmuffinman

Post by Sargeantmuffinman » 09 Dec 2015, 15:25

M00nman wrote:Protip: The taser isn't an immediate takedown, but rather it slowly drains the stamina of the perp until he can't move anymore. Best to use in conjunction with the stun baton as that IS an instant takedown if you hit, shoot the perp, then go in for melee.

Marines rarely use gasmasks (mostly because these are rather rare themselves), the Pepper spray which is located in the brig is an acceptable way to take down suspects from range, as long as you don't hit yourself in the process, and it can be recharged quickly in the brig if you run out of C.Caspaicin.

Remember that you need an advanced grab on your perp to cuff him, you need to grab and then press on your hand once the icon appears to reinforce the grab, then cuff him with the other hand.
Thank you and I will add BUT for the pepper spray I don't often use due to me stepping into them (need more practice) and it's only a CQC weapon rather than a ranged one.
George S.Patton once said:No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making some other poor dumb bastard die for his country.

Good hunting.

Wickedtemp

Post by Wickedtemp » 09 Dec 2015, 15:33

... Commas would be nice.

Also, one thing I didn't see mentioned here but is quite important: If Command gives you an illegal order, you do NOT have to follow said order. Carrying out the order anyways and using the "I'm just following orders." excuse will NOT prevent you from ALSO being arrested if there are any competent MP.

Example, the XO once tried to order the MP to murder the CMO, because apparently the CMO gave them too much dylovene and it caused eye damage. They called it treason. I called it neglect of duty. They told me to kill the CMO. Instead, the XO was to be brigged... Except they killed themselves to prevent that.

Another scenario I had, kinda similar, I think it was another XO who ordered the CMO to murder their patients if they were infected. The CMO, being a good doctor, refused. Me, being an average/decent MP, brigged the XO for being a lil' shit. Unauthorized executions, which means the CO can legally order him to be executed. CO said permabrig, so permabrigged.

As an MP you are NOT Commands lapdog. Hell, if they're sucking as Command you can brig them for neglect of duty.

Also, another thing, don't wear your riot gear unless there's actually a threat onboard. I don't believe it's authorized anyways, and plus it's just dumb.

And yet another thing! If a prisoner goes SSD and they're in an important position, put them in cryo to free up the slot so someone else can play.

Sargeantmuffinman

Post by Sargeantmuffinman » 09 Dec 2015, 16:07

Wickedtemp wrote:... Commas would be nice.

Also, one thing I didn't see mentioned here but is quite important: If Command gives you an illegal order, you do NOT have to follow said order. Carrying out the order anyways and using the "I'm just following orders." excuse will NOT prevent you from ALSO being arrested if there are any competent MP.

Example, the XO once tried to order the MP to murder the CMO, because apparently the CMO gave them too much dylovene and it caused eye damage. They called it treason. I called it neglect of duty. They told me to kill the CMO. Instead, the XO was to be brigged... Except they killed themselves to prevent that.

Another scenario I had, kinda similar, I think it was another XO who ordered the CMO to murder their patients if they were infected. The CMO, being a good doctor, refused. Me, being an average/decent MP, brigged the XO for being a lil' shit. Unauthorized executions, which means the CO can legally order him to be executed. CO said permabrig, so permabrigged.

As an MP you are NOT Commands lapdog. Hell, if they're sucking as Command you can brig them for neglect of duty.

Also, another thing, don't wear your riot gear unless there's actually a threat onboard. I don't believe it's authorized anyways, and plus it's just dumb.

And yet another thing! If a prisoner goes SSD and they're in an important position, put them in cryo to free up the slot so someone else can play.
Thanks for helping me put in the orders thing.

On the side of the SSD thing, I did put them in cyro stasis but all that happened was that they came back to terrorise the Sulaco, so that's a risk I'm not willing to take.

Good hunting.

Wickedtemp

Post by Wickedtemp » 09 Dec 2015, 16:28

Sargeantmuffinman wrote: Thanks for helping me put in the orders thing.

On the side of the SSD thing, I did put them in cyro stasis but all that happened was that they came back to terrorise the Sulaco, so that's a risk I'm not willing to take.
Sure thing. As for cryo, I'd recommend waiting a while and if they've been inactive for about ten minutes, THEN put them into cryo. Also if they're a major problem, ahelp if staff is available. If Staff is NOT around, then I believe messaging them over Byond is appropriate if the griefer's really fucking shit up.

Smov
Byond: Smov

Post by Smov » 27 Dec 2018, 15:23

Cool map